ICF Shorts intro from International Ceramics Festival on Vimeo.
*** Submissions now open – download the information and application pack here***
This year we invited submissions from filmmakers/multi-disciplinary artists for short films whose main focus is ceramics e.g. films about the process of making ceramics, films about potteries or ceramicists as subject matter, moving image/animation where ceramics or clay is a main feature. The competition was open internationally and the selected films will be shown in The Eye throughout the weekend, and also in the cinema during lunchtimes Saturday and Sunday. Visitors can vote for their favourite in the special box on the Festival Reception Desk.
For inspiration, here are the 2019 finalists:
1. R&A Collaborations (y DU/UK) Paul Wearing: Order and Chaos
Order & Chaos – Paul Wearing from R&A Collaborations on Vimeo.
2. Katie Spragg (y DU/UK) In the Meadow
In the Meadow from Katie Spragg on Vimeo.
3. David Mar Østrup Jensen (Denmarc/Denmark & Siapan/Japan) The Japanese Kiln
4. Jack Robinson(y DU/UK) Ceranimation (click on the link and it will open in Vimeo)
ceranimation from John Robinson on Vimeo.
5. Jack McGoldrick (y DU/UK) Paul Young Station pottery
6. Anja Meeusen (Gwlad Belg/ Belgium) My Quest (06:11)
7. Oliver Biggs (y DU/UK) Mark Ciavola – Potters Thumb
Mark Ciavola – Potters Thumb from Oliver Biggs on Vimeo.
8. Teresa Greenway (y DU/UK) Taith i’r Mor
Taith i’r Môr from Tess Greenway on Vimeo.
Have a question, make a comment, or just say hello!
© International Ceramics Festival 2023 all rights reserved.